Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Senators, Please vote against Judge Sotomayor. Here's why:

Dear Senators,

PLEASE represent your State and your country well by voting NO on the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court.

I hate to get personal, but she has very clearly been duplicitous on critical issues.

In her rulings and in her prior public pronouncements, she has shown a haughty disdain for the true role and meaning of the Constitution.

In the current hearings before the judiciary committee, she had either dismissed or claimed to be confused about the inseparable natural and civil rights to life and the defense of life, especially innocent life.

I could possibly respect her a little if she would at least be honest about her beliefs and philosophy.

But I have little tolerance for someone who would willfully and deliberately deny or even infringe our liberties.

In the immortal words of John Adams, "Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

Her cynical and dismissive comments about courts making law were utterly reprehensible and disgusting:
"(The) Court of Appeals is where policy is made," she said. "And I know, and I know, that this is on tape, and I should never say that. Because we don't 'make law,' I know."
Please vote against her nomination. America needs leaders who respect and uphold our Constitution and traditions, not mock them.

###

No comments: